Marissa Schulze went live with Omar Raslan from Key Property Inspections, to discuss everything you need to know about pre-purchase building inspections!
Why is getting a pre-purchase building inspection important?
- Have the control and ability to make an informed and educated decision when making an offer
- Know how you’ll need to improve the property and what costs might be involved
- Understand how you can turn major defects to minor defects
- Factor in the cost of maintaining the property for the long-term
When to get a building inspection?
- In South Australia the cooling off period is 2 business days. This is the best time to engage the service of a qualified building inspector.
What’s involved in a building inspection?
- All areas (unless restricted) will be inspected to look at things like the structure, the site, moisture, movement and more!
- Key Property Inspections will crawl around in the ceiling, or navigate the dark underneath the property to cover every area possible.
How much does a building inspection cost?
- The cost of a building and pest inspection will vary from state to state. Inspectors operating in metropolitan areas will generally charge more than those working in regional areas. However, they rarely cost more than $600.
- Given your home will cost well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, it’s a small price to pay for peace of mind, and ultimately a lot less expensive than buying a home that needs extensive repairs.
It can be overwhelming and exciting when attending an open inspection. This may make you miss any pitfalls that may turn the property purchase into a costly mistake.
To help identify problems that may be too severe to continue with the purchase, and potentially save you the cost getting a professional inspection, you can download your free Pre-purchase Property Inspection List here.
If you’d like to learn more about the services offered by Key Property Inspections, click here.
If you would like to discuss your property purchase with one our friendly team members, please leave your details below and we will be in touch.
Click here to learn more about how we can help you on your property investment journey, or find out more about home loans and property investment loans.
It can be overwhelming and exciting when attending an open inspection.